Guy Portelli is a South Africa born world renowned sculptor with a reputation for classical sculptures. Following a 2008appearance on BBC TV’s Dragon Den, he managed to secure backing to develop the ‘Pop Icon’ collection, which consists of the following 18 sculptures:
• Passion and ecstasy, narrating chapters of Tupac Shakur’s life. Edition of 5, 2009.
• Excess- a figure across a broken champagne bottle. Edition of 5.2008.
• What you want- about spice girls, using sweets and currency. Edition of 5.2009.
• Guns, gold and Gods-depicting bono straddling the world on the sides of poverty and riches.
• Grace Jones – a futuristic robotic image. Edition of 10.1985.
• Material Girl (Madonna)-that captures her identity and use of iconic imagery. Edition of 7.2008
• Bob Marley- the lion of Africa, depicting both anguish and power, edition of 5.1985.
• Night and day-Frank Sinatra musical icon.
• Meridian led Zeipelin edition of 5, 2009.
• Rocking chair blues
• Mad rock
• Rocket man
• Star man
• Post punk
• Hey Joe
Investment received from Dragons’ Den: £80,000